Re: st: RE: RE: Returning a local macro within -simulate- command: Type mismatch error?

From   Rachel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: Returning a local macro within -simulate- command: Type mismatch error?
Date   Thu, 29 May 2008 14:00:47 -0400

Nick,

Thanks very much for the reply.  In fact, I am using Stata 10.  But
suppose I want to capture the state of c(seed) not just at the end of
each run of the program, but at several points therein.  It seems
that, to do this, one would have to copy c(seed) to an r-class result?
 For example:

program define TrialProgram
        clear
       set obs 9000
        capture drop x y
        drawnorm x y
//Want to return c(seed) here
        regress y x
        drawnorm z1 z2
//Want to return the NEW state of c(seed) here
        regress z1 z2
 end

Rachel