st: Re: tobit

From   Maarten buis <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Re: tobit
Date   Thu, 29 May 2008 12:15:30 +0100 (BST)

--- Aseffa Seyoum Wedajao wrote to me privately:

First, regarding private requests for help see point 5 of the statalist
FAQ, .

> 1.  I tried with  both stata version 9 and 10 to run
> 'dtobit' to get the marginal effect. it give the error
> massage  '_se is not found' .
> I found on internate that Dr. Lopez-Feldman, form  USA ,
> has also similar problem and suggested that there is some
> error  to be corrected on the ado, which I can not do
> myself.  Do you have any option to give me?

If there is a problem with user-written software, the obvious person to
contact is the author. You can find the author and the e-mail address
in the helpfile of -dtobit-.

There are two work arounds possible:
1) type -version 6- before using -tobit-, this will cause Stata to use
the old name for the standard deviation of the error term.

2) All the marginal effects can also be obtained by using -mfx-.

> 2. I have some problem with the command of stata to plot
> more that one lorenz curves on one graph. For instance to
> show the inequality level of household income from farm
> and off-farm on the same plane.
> I use the command "glcurve and then twoway line" and able
> to get one lorenz curve.
> would you please give me information as to how I can add
> more lorenz curve on the same graph.

I know nothing about -glcurve-, so I can't help you there.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081