Re: st: system estimation with dynamic panel

Subject   Re: st: system estimation with dynamic panel
Date   Wed, 28 May 2008 18:53:00 +0200

No answer, but I copy and paste a previous message by Kit Baum - sorry that I don't remember the source on Statalist percectly - since it may apply to your case:
Estimation of each of these equations with Arellano-Bond would be perfectly appropriate. There are no cross-equation constraints. It is a common misconception that if you can write down a system of equations (in this case a recursive system) you need a systems estimator. Systems estimators potentially gain efficiency; they are not needed for consistency. "Limited information" estimation, that is, estimating each equation separately with Arellano-Bond is just fine here. In the absence of cross-equation constraints, you never 'need' to use a systems estimator. Endogeneity is something different, meaning that Z depends on the X or the y.