Re: st: MPROBIT SIMULATION

To   [email protected], statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: MPROBIT SIMULATION
Date   Wed, 28 May 2008 11:48:58 -0500

At 10:06 AM 5/28/2008, Dario Pozzoli wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am running a multinomial probit where I have 3 employment sectors an
individual can
choose from. I run the
multinomial probit like this: svy: mprobit sector indepvar

Now I would like to conduct a policy experiment where I vary the levels of
the independent variables (like education, experience etc) to see how
the predicted sectoral probabilities change.

Does anyone know how to create these stylesed types?
I suspect you want the adjust command, e.g. something like

adjust educ = 12 experience = 5, by(sector)

You may also want to download Long & Freese's -spost9- package. The included -prchange- command is good for mass-producing different predicted probabilities, e.g. how does the predicted probability change as you go from the lowest value of X to the highest, holding other vars at their means?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam