Re: st: AGAIN: omit output of some coefficients with outreg2

From   "Paulo Regis" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AGAIN: omit output of some coefficients with outreg2
Date   Sat, 24 May 2008 21:00:01 +0100

Roy,

In the past two weeks, I have been working with -outreg2 (great
command!!). I must say many times I even prefer to print out text
files from outreg2 output than log files. In my opinion, the drop
option will be very useful (as long as the variable is not dropped
from the database) since the positively drop happen quite often (far
from occasionally, in my experience).

Also, I may suggest you take into account to improve the "label"
option. Many times I prefer -outreg to -outreg2 since you can use
labels and coefficient of variables with different names are displayed
in the same row. Actually, the help file of -outreg2 says you can do
this but it is not true. When you specify "label", an extra column is
added with the name of the labels which is something completely
different. If labels remains as it is now, then the help file should
be modified.

Something that may be useful for stata users is to be able to include
text in each column. Up to now, you can use the option -ctitle() (and
it is what I am doing but it has the limitation it only allows to
introduce information in one row per column). The option addstat()
does not allow text. I can introduce an extra value per row and as
many rows as possible but I would like to introduce text as well. Is
it difficult to introduce something like an addtext() option?

Maybe, I can give you an example why addtext() can be useful. One of
my regressors is a forecast of variable x1 and I have more than 10
methods to perform the forecast (I am using factors). I would like to
choose the most convenient forecast based AIC. What I am doing is to
print only the output from selected forecast method and using ctitle()
to know which one is it.

Cheers,

Paulo