st: RE: missing p-value from t-test

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: missing p-value from t-test
Date   Fri, 23 May 2008 15:59:13 +0100

As the standard error is zero, the t-statistic (mean difference divided
by standard error) is undefined, and so is the corresponding P-value. So
the P-value is supposed to be missing. You can only test the null
hypothesis if you can estimate the population standard error using
something other than the sample standard error. I do not know enough
about your example to know whether this might be feasible.

I don't know whether the things you are testing are in fact parameter
estimates. However, if they are, then you might be able to use the
-lincom- command.

I hope this helps.

Roger

Roger B Newson