Re: st: Matrix help

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Matrix help
Date   Wed, 21 May 2008 09:35:16 -0400

But doesn't

matrix rownames
set and reset the names? I want to retrieve them and use them as a variable in a new matrix that I want to append to yet another matrix.

Nick Cox wrote:

. . help matrix rownames
Data Analytics Corp.

I used the mat_rapp command this morning - worked perfectly, and saved me time. I have another question, if I may. How do you retrieve the row names and use them in the matrix M=J(n,m,value) command? Any examples of retrieving the names from, say, e(TR)?

Sergiy Radyakin wrote:

matrix M=J(n,m,value) will create a matrix size nxm filled with value
"value".

you will need it to create the column identifying source.

mat_capp M : M1 M2 will stitch two matrices together taking columns
from M1 then from M2 and storing them in M. You will need it to put
the id-column into your matrices

mat_rapp M : M1 M2 will stitch two matrices together taking rows from
M1 them from M2 and storing them in M. . You will need it to combine
e(TR) and e(TC).

net search matrix save
will return a number of commands to export matrices. choose one that
produces output in a suitable format.