st: path to folder prob

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: path to folder prob
Date   Wed, 21 May 2008 15:43:27 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I am wondering whether there is a way to have Stata -cd- to a certain
directory on two different computers which only differ in the name of the
user profile? In other words, is there a way to have Stata -cd- to the
user`s "my files" on Windows Vista Business reliably? Among the values
thrown up by -cret li- I judge only "c(username)" to be promising. However,
when I instruct Stata to

cd C:\Users\"`c(username)'"\Documents

cd C:\Users\`c(username)'\Documents

Stata complains about "invalid syntax r(198)". Is there a way to achieve

Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36
Room 415