Re: AW: st: maximum number of outcomes in mlogit

To   [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: AW: st: maximum number of outcomes in mlogit
Date   Wed, 21 May 2008 07:34:19 -0500

At 03:08 AM 5/21/2008, Tiemann, Michael wrote:

With the mnlm I want to do two things: 1) find out whether the independent variables can be used to discriminate the occupations and 2) find out (which the -mlogtest, combine- would do nicely) whether there are gruops that might have been combined. Does this make anything clearer?
You probably have some idea of where the possible combinations could be. Perhaps you could work with subsets of occupations and use mlogtest.

Incidentally, my earlier suggestion won't work. mprobit and slogit both have limits of 30 categories for Y. I suppose you could try tweaking their code and see if they would work with more categories.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam