Re: AW: st: maximum number of outcomes in mlogit

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: AW: st: maximum number of outcomes in mlogit
Date   Wed, 21 May 2008 10:44:04 +0100 (BST)

--- "Tiemann, Michael" <> wrote:
> The alternatives are a set of groups of occupations, which are coded
> according to a german classification of occupations. So I definitely
> do not have a factorial structure. The information on the occupations
> has been aggregated from individual data (a microcensus file with
> more than 200.000 cases).

Are you aware that there are already many clasifications and scales of
occupations? I realize that you are not going to like the following
statement, but I don't see much reason to reinvent yet another
clasification. For instance, take a look at -findit isko- and
-findit isco- for some Stata implementations of some existing scales
and clasifications.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam