st: nlcom when the numbers are already known...

Subject   st: nlcom when the numbers are already known...
Date   Mon, 19 May 2008 10:35:31 -0700 (PDT)

I was wondering if someone has an idea how to obtain
non-linear combinations of several regression
coefficients when the numbers (i.e. the point estimate
and its standard error) have already been calculated
using a different software (e.g. AMOS).

Suppose you have beta1 with SE1; beta2 with SE2; beta3
with SE3 and you have estimated them.

Now, you want to use the delta method to obtain an
estimate of non-linear combination:

(b2*b3)/(b1 + b2*b3)

Can we use "nlcom" for this purpose or is there
another version of this command that I am not aware of
which does it, given that we already know what those
numbers are. Thank you very much,

May Baydoun, PhD in Epidemiology (UNC-Chapel Hill)  Staff Scientist,  National Institute on Aging, NIH/IRP,  Biomedical Research Center,  Baltimore, MD