st: Problem Using Bootstrapping with Ordered Logit 'gweight not allowed'

From   "Rodwan M Abouharb" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Problem Using Bootstrapping with Ordered Logit 'gweight not allowed'
Date   Sun, 18 May 2008 20:39:10 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie when it comes to bootstrapping. The vce command seemed like the easiest way to obtain alternative error estimates for each of the independent variables. I am using STATA 9.2.

I have been trying to implement the bootstrapping option using an ordered logit. I have tried variations on this including removing all of the 'if' and 'cluster' statements and tried also using vce(jack). None of these seem to work and I always get the 'option gweight not allowed' error term. I can't find any information on what 'gweight' refers too.

ologit kill imfnumberyearsunder8104 gdppcipol democ� logpopi interstate internal UKcol IMFindirecteffect4th killlag1 if highincomeoecd==0 & postcommunistindep93==0 & indep83899404==0, cluster (ccode) vce(boot)

option gweight not allowed

Thank you

Rod Abouharb

M. Rodwan Abouharb