st: license problem under ubuntu8.04

From   "Stata Jackie" <>
Subject   st: license problem under ubuntu8.04
Date   Fri, 16 May 2008 14:17:45 -0400

Hi all,

My stata9 works fine under windowsXP and vista. Under Ubuntu 8.04, I
did not incur any problem during the installation process. I input my
license information (the one I use under XP)and it went through
smoothly. However, when I tried to run stata9, the software kept
saying that "licnese unapplicable to this stata". (this is true for
both ./stata and ./xstata command).

Does anyone has the same experience? Do I need to purchase a seperate
license if I want to run my stata9 under the linux system?