st: RE: Stata and R

From   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stata and R
Date   Fri, 16 May 2008 07:40:29 -0700

-findit nomogram- points to Ben Dwamena's -midas-.

David Airey

Just about every other week I drop into our R clinic for a coffee
break to listen to people's questions and maybe ask one myself. The
clinic is about general use questions, not especially about
Bioconductor packages, which is one reason to use R. The clinic is run
by a very capable R expert. Originally I started going to the clinic
thinking to myself that well, maybe this would be the last version of
Stata I would buy, because R has come miles in development and
documentation. More often than not, however, I conclude the opposite,
and continue to regularly use Stata, thinking there is value is good
commercial products.

One interesting function in R that I can't find in Stata is Frank
Harrell's nomogram function in the Design package, which essentially
is a graphical alternative to outreg or estout.

http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/S/Harrell/help/Design/html/nomogram.html

http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~cook/movabletype/archives/2006/05/nomogram
s.html

Mensaje analizado y protegido por Telefonica Empresas

Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may be contained in this message. This information is meant only for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or if the message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission. Instead, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.