[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]

Re: Re: st: How to regress and outreg by year?

From   Roy Wada <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: Re: st: How to regress and outreg by year?
Date   Thu, 15 May 2008 01:32:16 -0700

If you want to recover p-values, then take a look at a solution 
posted by Maarten Buis here:

See -help density functions- for the appropriate chi-square density

Your original question pertained to running -outreg- by year. 
That solution was posted here:

Your solution with -outreg2- works, because it was designed that way. 
You do not need to specify symbol( ) or alpha( ) unless you have to.

"append" doesn't do anything. It's undocumented, but people use it 
anyway, which was why it was left in there.


>Dear all, 
>Thank you all for reply. I also find a way using macro, like
>local j =1995;
>while `j'<=1997{;
>              xtreg div size debtratio if year==`j', i(nation_code) re;
>              outreg2 using test.xls, label se nocon symbol(***, **, *) 
>                         alpha(0.01, 0.05, 0.10) addstat(chi-square test, r(chi2)) append;
>local j = `j' + 1;
>I have a follow up question, I tried to output the wald chi 
>square like the above command but failed.. Could someone 
>help me on how to output the chi square? Also I'd like to output 
>the significant level associated with it? Anyone knows?

Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2017 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index