Re: st: minor problems with Statalist

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: minor problems with Statalist
Date   Wed, 14 May 2008 14:38:22 -0400

Yes, I've seen it coming from a number of hospitals and
medical schools, though mine (Yale) seems to add it only
via certain email clients (at least, I've never seen it on
any of my messages).

cheers,
Jeph

Elizabeth Allred wrote:
No, HSPH does not do that. Many of the hospitals in the Boston area
do, however. In fact, though, I think it may be common at US
hospitals as a result of HIPPA. Lawyers do it, too.

Liz

On 5/14/2008 at 9:50 AM, in message
<[email protected]>, Jeph
Herrin <[email protected]> wrote:
I'll speculate that the outgoing mail server at harvard school of public health adds that to most/all outgoing messages by default. statalist probably has this switched off, except when it happens anyway.

Just a thought.

Nick Cox wrote:

Statalist seems to be experiencing some odd problems
intermittently.

For example, some postings by myself have been repeated and a
footer added:

Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may
be contained in this message. This information is meant only for
the use of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended
recipient, or if the message has been addressed to you in error,
do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or
otherwise use this transmission. Instead, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the
message and any attachments.

This footer is nothing to do with me, my institution or
Statalist.

This also has happened to some postings by other people.

If anyone recognises the footer as "theirs", perhaps they could
contact me or Marcello Pagano to contribute to a diagnosis of the
problem.

Otherwise, please be assured that these repeated postings appear
to be malfunctions of the list software, or of some other person,
thing, or entity in cyberspace, not of the individuals who sent
the originals.

Nick [email protected]

* *   For searches and help try: *
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html *