st: Re: GMM or 2SLS with cluster adjustment or others

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: GMM or 2SLS with cluster adjustment or others
Date   Wed, 14 May 2008 10:17:18 -0400

The Arellano-Bond / Arellano-Bover / Blundell-Bond methodology (xtabond, xtabond2) is appropriate if you have lagged dependent variables, and unnecessary otherwise.

If you have a panel with endogenous regressors, use xtivreg2 with cluster-robust SEs, preferably with the gmm2s option.

See Baum-Schaffer-Stillman, Stata Journal 7:4 2007, for details. Preprint available from my homepage below as a BC working paper.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html