Re: st: Too many decimal places for ODBC

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Too many decimal places for ODBC
Date   Tue, 13 May 2008 19:45:22 -0400

Dear Stefan,

if you want to keep no more than 3-4 decimals, multiply your number by
1000, take integer part, and divide by 1000.

gen y=int(x*1000)/1000

Here y is the same as x, but with less precision.

Also try storing your data in floats, rather than doubles. This will
also mean storing your data more efficienty.

Hope this helps,
  Sergiy Radyakin