st: Re: XTmixed vs repeated measures anova

From   Janet Hill <>
Subject   st: Re: XTmixed vs repeated measures anova
Date   Tue, 13 May 2008 11:44:25 +0100 (BST)

Following recent threads on Statalist I have been
trying to teach myself longitudinal modelling using
Rabe-Hesketh and Skrondal's excellent book. However I
am a little confused on the choice of xtmixed for the
analysis of repeated measures - in particular is there
any advantage to using it over standard repeated
measures anova where I can use contrasts to evaluate
effects, or am I missing something blindingly obvious.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email