st: Genome-wide associations in Stata

Subject   st: Genome-wide associations in Stata
Date   Sat, 10 May 2008 11:17:09 -0300 (BRT)

I would like to thank Roger and David for their comments on my previous
question regarding genetic analysis with Stata.

All the best,

Dear statalisters,

Does anyone have experience in running genome-wide association analyses in

Toby Andrew has provied useful tips for genome-wide linkage analysis, but
I would like to know in more detail your current experience in running
these sort of computer intensive stuff. I got frustrated with Stata
regarding its complete lack of programs to analyze microarray data. To put
it bluntly, Should I forget using Stata in these high-throughput
experiments from now on and rely on R only?

Thank you in advance!