st: Genome-wide associations in Stata

Subject   st: Genome-wide associations in Stata
Date   Fri, 9 May 2008 11:24:50 -0300 (BRT)

Dear statalister,

Does anyone have experience in running genome-wide association analyses in

Toby Andrew has provied useful tips for genome-wide linkage analysis, but
I would like to know in more detail your current experience in running
these sort of computer intensive stuff. I got frustrated with Stata
regarding its complete lack of programs to analyze microarray data. To put
it bluntly, Should I forget using Stata in these high-throughput
experiments from now on and rely on R only?

Thank you in advance!