st: RE: question about SUM in an regression

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: question about SUM in an regression
Date   Wed, 7 May 2008 16:42:37 -0400

Adiwan Fahlan wrote

>> I have a regression that has a sum within it. could
 anyone help me to solve it? Thanks  log(wage)=
 Yi=GDP,       i=1,2,3...n
 di=distance , i=1,2,3.....n
 I have the variables (GDP dan distance) and I have to estimate the
alpha1 and alph2. However, I could not solve it. it says its a nonlinear
regression but I dont know how to solve it>>

The sum part seems like a bit of a red herring. It looks like a linear
combination inside a nonlinear regression. You probably want to look at
-nl-, which does nonlinear least squares.