Re: st: Calculate distance between two zip codes

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Calculate distance between two zip codes
Date   Wed, 7 May 2008 15:24:50 +0100 (BST)

--- "Knill, April" <> wrote:
> Does anyone have code that calculates the distance (miles or km is
> fine) between two locations using zip code?  I have data on zip codes
> which includes city, county, state, and latitude/longitude
> coordinates.  I have found code online that uses the
> longitude/latitude coordinates but it is not Stata code and I have no
> knowledge on how to convert or make it usable within Stata.  Other
> than that, there are plenty of websites that allow one to put in two
> zip codes and will calculate the distance but I'm looking for code
> that will do it for me.

-findit distance- pops up a number of user written ados that seem
relevant (and many that are not).

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam