st: "Please wait while windows configures Stata 9"

From   Keith Dear <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: "Please wait while windows configures Stata 9"
Date   Tue, 06 May 2008 13:18:39 +1000

This keeps happening - does anyone know how to stop it? It takes just a few minutes, with no intervention required from me, and then Stata starts ok. So, not really serious but irritating nonetheless.
It happens not every time I start Stata, but seemingly at random (i.e. I can't see a pattern) every few weeks.
It may be an issue with remotely managed s/w under windows, but my local IT guys don't know why it happens (they re-installed: no difference).
WinXP/SP2, Stata IC 9.2.
Keith

Dr Keith B.G. Dear
Senior Fellow in Biostatistics
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health
Australian National University
Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Tel: 02 612 54865, Fax: 02 612 50740
http://nceph.anu.edu.au/Staff_Students/staff_pages/dear.php