Re: st: programming with stata

From   "Tunga Kantarci" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: programming with stata
Date   Sun, 4 May 2008 20:12:53 +0200

No program is dominating another in my econometrics department: form R to
Matlab,
from stata to gauss. And nobody is aware of Mata.
But I also don't see why I should choose what others choose.
One is alone in learning the language anyway.
If combining mata with higher level language of stata is very valuable, why
should I follow what others do.

Could you make your following statement more explicit:
"it is very easy to make a command that is indistinguishable from a standard
Stata command"
In terms of writing a complete time series model, for instance, what would
"making a command" mean?

Thanks for your concern in answering my question...
But I think I should figure the answer out myself.
Because I just don't know what I will be missing by using mata and not ox.