st: re; Granger with fixed effect - panel data

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re; Granger with fixed effect - panel data
Date   Sat, 3 May 2008 14:38:36 -0400

panel unit root tests make absolutely no sense with T=2. You are looking for the long run behavior of a time series, and you have two observations on the time series. No way to do that. After all, even a Dickey-Fuller test on a single time series implies regressing the difference in X on the lagged level of X, and you have precisely one observation for that regression.