st: Granger with fixed effect - Panel data

From   Claude Francoeur <>
Subject   st: Granger with fixed effect - Panel data
Date   Fri, 02 May 2008 10:13:41 -0400

I have a balanced sample of data over 2 years. I am trying to do a granger
causality test. I would like

1- to perform a Augmented Dickey-Fuller test for covariance stationarity

2- Control for fixed effects

As vargranger does not work with panel data, I have generated a lag variable

This test works fine :

regress roa roa_1 csp_1 if year==2005

But, how would I go about controlling for fixed effects with such a design?

Using the tsset command, the modified ADF test does not work :

. sort id year
. tsset id year
       panel variable:  id (strongly balanced)
        time variable:  year, 2004 to 2005