st: RE: probit & conformability error in inteff

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: probit & conformability error in inteff
Date   Fri, 2 May 2008 13:15:18 +0100

Conformability error refers to some matrix calculation within the
operation of your commands. You are trying to multiply two matrices that
are not conformable.

Either you are asking something that -inteff- (a user-written program)
cannot make sense of, or you have tickled a bug within -inteff-. I can't
say.

However, calling -probit- with a different -version- will have no effect
whatsoever on either problem.

The authors of -inteff- may not be members of Statalist. I have not
checked.

Chin-Chih

I was trying to run 'Inteff" to obtain the marginal effects of
interactive terms in probit via STATA 10.0. After running the probit
command, I tried to run inteff and I got the following message:
conformability error r(503); Does anyone know what conformability error
means and how can I fix it? I have tried to fix this by adding a version

command. e.g.,
version 8.2: probit y x1 x2 x3
mfx compute
inteff

However, I still got conformability error.