st: STATA: multivariate probit w/ bootstrap

From   "Daniel R. Petrolia" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: STATA: multivariate probit w/ bootstrap
Date   Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:19:49 -0500

Hi,
  I am trying to bootstrap using either 'mvprobit' or 'triprobit', but have been unsuccessful with both.  Using 'mvprobit', the bootstrap "works" (i.e., there are no errors reported), but it is reporting and saving identical coefficients for each bootstrapped sample (which implies that it is running mvprobit over the same sample).  When I use 'triprobit', the bootstrap returns the error message "too few variables specified", although it does indeed run the bootstrap for the requested number of reps; however, it reports one set of coefficients on the first sample, then a different set of coefficients on the second and all subsequent samples.  Here is the command I am trying to run:

bootstrap, reps(5) saving(results_b1.dta): mvprobit (option1_1 = option1 q34 high_low hurricane env rec hur_res env_res) (option2_1 = option2 q34 high_low hurricane env rec hur_res env_res) (option3_1 = option3 q34 high_low hurricane env rec hur_res env_res)

(with mvprobit replaced with triprobit for the triprobit case).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dan Petrolia

Daniel R. Petrolia
Assistant Professor