st: RE: RE: bar graph problem

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: bar graph problem
Date   Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:18:09 +0100

Raw data are data as they now exist in Stata, e.g. as visible in the
Editor or listable via -list-.

I can't tell what is going on with your -catplot- error messages. I
would need to have access to your data. But can you get -catplot- to
reproduce the commands as presented in the help, which use the auto
data?

Tunga Kantarci

Thank you for the answer. Yet, I am still stuck.

First,
Please see the title " graph bar revenue, over(division)" on
"http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?graph%20bar"; for what I was aiming.
Yes I would like to see the frequencies. But I don't know what you mean
by
"graph bar is for rw data"
What does raw data mean here?

Second,
I installed and tried to use the catplot but for the same command I
receive
three different warnings.
What would be the problem?

catplot bar q41a frandom
variable _variables not found
r(111);

 catplot bar q41a frandom
variable q41a not found
r(111);

 catplot bar q41a frandom
variable __000008 not found in using data
r(111);