Re: st: finding the last observation in a survival dataset

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: finding the last observation in a survival dataset
Date   Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:09:23 +0100 (BST)

*-------------- begin example ------------------
sysuse cancer, clear
gen id = _n
stset studytime, failure(died) id(id)
stsplit tband, at(5 10(10)39)
bys id (tband) : gen byte died2 = died[_N]
list id tband died died2
*--------------- end example -------------------
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see
http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/stata/exampleFAQ.html )

--- Michael McCulloch <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sorry Maarten that I didn't fully explain my question. I will be
> estimating the probability of being censored using a Cox regression,
> with dependent variable: C==0/1 in the last observation time for
> each subject predictor variables: baseline covariates. It's for the
> method by Robins, 2000 called "Inverse Probability of Censoring
> Weighting." That's why I want to find the last observation time for
> each subject.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081