st: Re: Problems with calculating marginal effects for categoricalvariables in ologit models

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Problems with calculating marginal effects for categoricalvariables in ologit models
Date   Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:37:38 +0200

Dear users,

Thanks for all your suggestions. The problem was, actually, like that of Lina, the lack of updating of the command margeff. With the latest version of Professor Bartus (version number 2.1.8 from 20 April 2008)it works.

Best regards.

Dear users,

My question is following one: I do not know how to calculate average
marginal effects (AME) for categorical variables with more than two
categories?
In my ordered logit model, I have a dependent variable with 4 categories and 5 categorical explanatory variables, 3 of them with more than two categories. I tried to implement the method of Tam�s Bartus which is decribed in his article "Estimation of marginal effects using margeff" (2005). His suggestion is to use the following command:
Margeff, dummies (B *)
where D are all dummies for which you want to calculate the marginal effects.
The problem is that by trying to do this I got the following error:
"[_cut1] not found" r(111)

I would appreciate very much any suggestions.