Re: st: constant term

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: constant term
Date   Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:08:11 +0100 (BST)

The whole point of -stpiece- is that the baseline hazard (the constant)
changes over time. This is parameterized in such a way that the
constant in the first period is the coefficient of tp1, in the second
period the coefficient of tp2, etc.

Hope this helps,

--- Chiara Mussida <> wrote:
> is there a way to make stata show the coef for the constant term in a
> piecewise constant hazard model: command stpiece??
> i really need to get this value sonce it could give me insights on my
> omitted (or base) category!

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

Yahoo! For Good. Give and get cool things for free, reduce waste and help our planet. Plus find hidden Yahoo! treasure