st: RE: gllamm & stratified sampling design

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: gllamm & stratified sampling design
Date   Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:31:20 -0400

Mabel Andalon wrote:

<snip>

>>1. Is this considered multilevel data?

Sounds like it to me, but you may want to think carefully about just how
many levels you really need and how many can be soaked up in "robust"
standard errors.

>>2. If so, how can I conduct a true multilevel analysis using glamm and

still include the features of sampling design (i.e. stratification). Any
suggestions will be highly appreciated.<<

Well first I'd suggest getting the new edition of the Stata Press book
by Rabe-Hesketh and Skrondal, Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using
Stata. I haven't had a chance to go through it in any detail yet but I
believe you'll find much of use there.

http://www.gllamm.org might have some useful examples there. I believe
that Rabe-Hesketh and her collaborators have written on multilevel
models and complex survey designs.

Jay