st: Re: Question Tobit model

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Question Tobit model
Date   Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:08:20 +0100 (BST)

First of all have a look at:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#private

-intreg- is more general than -tobit-

-findit McDonald-Moffit- doesn't show up any results, so I don't know.

Maarten

--- Marco <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks for your help about the commands for two-limit tobit model.
> However I have two questions questions.
>  - I received  two different answers that suggested the use of:
> -intreg- or -tobit- . Do you know which is the difference?.
>
> - Another question I had was about the McDonald-Moffit Decomposition,
>
> which demonstrated that for this model the total marginal effect have
>
> three parts related with the probability of the dependent variable
> being uncensored or not. However I cannot find the commands for
> calculating these decompositions. Do you know them?
>
> Thanks,
> Marco

> Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live
> Spaces. It's easy!

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081