st: obtaining the hazard rate

From   Michael McCulloch <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: obtaining the hazard rate
Date   Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:03:31 -0700

How does one get the hazard for each group separately with stcox? I've become somewhat blithely accustomed to usint stcox to get the hazard ratio comparing groups. What I'd like to do is get the hazards separately for each group.

For example,
use, clear
stcox protect, exactp

will give me the hazard ratio of hip fractures given wearing of protective device. But what are the hazards of fracture separately in the groups wearing, and not wearing, the device?

Best wishes,
Michael McCulloch

Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine St., San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
Tel: (415) 407-1357
Fax: (415) 485-1065
* For searches and help try: