st: ODBC data sources in the MAC world

From   "E. Paul Wileyto" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ODBC data sources in the MAC world
Date   Fri, 18 Apr 2008 07:18:03 -0400

I have a couple of questions about ODBC data sources in the MAC world. One of them is an OS related question, but I am guessing someone here would know the answer. It seems I have talked a couple of Apple users into Stata 10, and while copying from Excel is an easy short-cut for them to move data, I would feel better if I could give them scripts that did the import for them direcly from multiple Excel files. But I know nothing of ODBC on the "dark side."

1) Do the ODBC commands I use in Windows Stata 10 work the same way on a MAC?

2) Under Windows, I need to register my ODBC data sources in order to use them. Are there similar utilities under the MAC OS for registering ODBC sources?

Thanks

Paul

--
E. Paul Wileyto, Ph.D.