Re: st: spmap and ysize

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: spmap and ysize
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:14:26 -0400

Hello Conner

1) summarize x_coord and y_coord and see if the span of x (y) is >20
times the span of y (x).

2) build a scatter of your points and see how it works

3) I don't think you can specify xsize and ysize since this will
distort the map (squeeze it or stretch it), so this would be probably
not the best way to go.

4) check the missings, I don't know if spmap supports missing values
of  coordinates (one or both missings).

5) if your coordinates also come from a shapefile - make sure the
projections are the same. Oftentimes you bump on the military data,
where coordinates range in the order of hundreds of thousands (meters,
not degrees).

Hope anything of the above helps.

Sergiy Radyakin