Re: st: WESMLE

From   "Gerald R Marschke" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: WESMLE
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2008 03:52:06 -0400

Yes, Maarten, sorry--I should have included the exact reference.  It is
in fact the reference indicated by Arne.  Thanks.  Jerry

--- Gerald R Marschke <> wrote:
> Does anybody know where I might find a Stata program for implementing
> Weighted Exogenous Sample Maximimum Likelihood Estimator (WESMLE)
> (Manksi and Lerman, 1977)?  Thanks!

-findit Weighted Exogenous Sample Maximimum Likelihood Estimator- does
not show any matches. As you haven't given the complete reference I can
not give any more advise than the following general comments:

o It is very common that such techniques are either implemented under
another name, or that computationally speaking they are nothing special
and can be done with existing commands.

o To quote from the Statalist FAQ: "Precise literature references