Re: st: Re: unbundling gamfit.exe to c:\ado\

From   Gauthier Tshiswaka-Kashalala <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: unbundling gamfit.exe to c:\ado\
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:12:13 +0200

Thank you Kit,
I got a readily executable 'gamfit.exe' at //www.stata.com/users/jhardin/gam/ and everything is now fine.

Gauthier

Quoting Kit Baum <[email protected]>:

Although I believe that .EXE has sometimes been used in the DOS world
as an alternative to .ZIP (that is, you run FOO.EXE and it unpacks into
a bunch of other files--is that what you mean by 'unbundling'?) the
GAM.EXE file is what it says: a DOS executable file. On my (Unix)
system, if I compile foo.f, I will end up with an executable file, and
mentioning its name will execute it. On DOS, you start with FOO.F (or
FOO.C) and you end up with FOO.EXE. At that point the FOO command
should work. So don't try "unbundling" the executable image; you can't.
You just want to have it located so the -gam- command will be able to
run it from within Stata.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html