Re: st: Practical problems with Stata 10 and Mac OS 10.5

From   David Radwin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Practical problems with Stata 10 and Mac OS 10.5
Date   Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:17:18 -0700

I sent this bug to Stata Corp. some months ago and they told me it was a problem with Macintosh's WASTE text engine (whatever that is). Their solution is to not drag and drop.

I would add that you should save your work frequently just in case you drag and drop accidentally. (You are probably wondering how I figured that one out.)

David

- In the do-file editor, drag and drop seems not to work. When I try
to use it, Stata is freezing (the multicolor wheel is turning
endlessly).
--
David Radwin, Principal Analyst // [email protected]
Office of Student Research, University of California, Berkeley