Re: st: WESMLE

From   "Arne Risa Hole" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: WESMLE
Date   Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:41:33 +0100

The Weighted Exogenous Sample Maximimum Likelihood Estimator described
by Lerman and Manski is a -clogit- model with -pweights- so Maarten is
spot on when he says that:

> o It is very common that such techniques are either implemented under
> another name, or that computationally speaking they are nothing special
> and can be done with existing commands.

Arne

Reference:
The Estimation of Choice Probabilities from Choice Based Samples
Author(s): Charles F. Manski and Steven R. Lerman
Source: Econometrica, Vol. 45, No. 8 (Nov., 1977), pp. 1977-1988