Re: st: Binary representation and number precision

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Binary representation and number precision
Date   Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:29:14 -0400

Nicolas,

To copy data from Excel to Stata you can use Stat/Transfer
(stattransfer.com). The conversion can be done from within Stata,
through Stat/Transfer command files or the -stcmd- module from SSC.
You do not have to copy and paste the data manually from Excel.
Stat/Transfer can optimize all variables so that they are stored with
a variable type (float, double, etc.) that maintains their precision
in Stata.

Friedrich