Re: st: re: question about smcl

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: question about smcl
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:05:49 -0400

On 4/11/08, Richard Williams <[email protected]> wrote:
> Interesting sounding command, but I keep getting errors like this:
>
> . hlp2pdf probit
> translator Viewer2pdf not found
> r(111);
>
> Missing file maybe?

Viewer2pdf is not present in Windows version of Stata. And since
translate is a built-in command this can not be cured. Could anyone
test in Linux, please?

For Windows one can use smcl2ps translator, which translates to
PostScript. These files can later be converted to PDF using other
tools.

Other translators allow to convert smcl to txt, log and prn.

But it appears to be much easier to simply install a free PDF printer:
http://freepdf-xp.en.softonic.com/

Best regards,
   Sergiy Radyakin