Re: st: tweaking Stata behaviour to my needs?

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: tweaking Stata behaviour to my needs?
Date   Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:09:39 -0400

You are right on everything you write, but unfortunately this does not
help. All you mention happens WITHIN ONE PROGRAM and thus irrelevant.
If you want two programs to communicate you:

1. Tell the first program about the second program's interface, tell
the second program about 1st program's interface. Here "tell" means
"change the code of the program to handle the interface calls". Which
means you need the source code of UE. Ok?

2. You come up with some sort a of a standard of how the programs
communicate (I've mentioned some in my previous email). Then you tell
(in the meaning as can be seen above) your program to support this
standard and hope that the second program will do it's part. So if you
tell me, how can you transfer anything from any program to UE
DIRECTLY, I could probably write a plugin for Stata to transfer the
review commands to UE directly (I will be needing a copy of UE for
that, though).

Best regards, Sergiy