Re: st: Interpretting coefficinets in a fractional logit model?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Interpretting coefficinets in a fractional logit model?
Date   Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:29:40 +0100 (BST)

--- "Anderson, Bradley J" <> wrote:
> Is there a convenient strategy for interpreting the coefficients in a
> fractional logit model?  The coefficients giving the expected change
> in the response for a 1 unit increase in the predictor fail to
> provide an intuitive sense of magnitude.  At least they are not
> intuitive to me.  Suggestions would be much appreciated.

You can use -mfx-.

*--------------------- begin example--------------------------
use, clear
gen ln_tot = ln(tot)
glm governing houseval popdens noleft minorityleft ln_tot, ///
    family(binomial) link(logit) robust
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081