st: Case Sensitive filenames and filepaths

From   Sean Williams <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Case Sensitive filenames and filepaths
Date   Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:59:36 -0500

Dear Statalisters,

I apologize if this is an obvious question, but does anyone know a way to return a list of files or directories that preserves case? Something like:
--local filelist : dir "C:\files" files ".txt"--
will fill the macro filelist with the .txt files in "C:\files", but the file names in the macro are all lowercased, whereas the file names in "C:\files" have some capital letters.

I ask because I need to create a running list of text files, but I have no control over what they are named. I'm still using version 9.2 (unfortunately).

Many thanks,
Sean

*
* For searches and help try: