Re: st: Spline Cox proportional hazard model

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Spline Cox proportional hazard model
Date   Mon, 7 Apr 2008 22:13:00 +0100 (BST)

--- Tony Qureshi <> wrote:
> I have need help to make a graph to show a  Spline Cox proportional
> with log hazard versus a continuous variable.
> stpm opg, scale(odds) knots(%20 40 60 80)

I am puzzled by this question: the whole point of -stpm- is that it is
not a Cox proportional hazard model, but an alternative.

Anyhow, a good place to start is to look at the article in which this
command is described: Royston, Patrick (2001) "Flexible parametric
alternatives to the Cox model, and more", The Stata Journal, 1(1):

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081