st: Issue with date function

From   "Nuno" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Issue with date function
Date   Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:38:26 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm haing a problem with the date function when trying to convert a string
variable into a date variables. My string variable is datestr and contains
dates in the following format "31/12/94", ie, DMY. I've tried to use the
date function using the following syntax:

gen datef = date(datestr, "DMY")

I've already used this deffinition and it worked well, but the date had the
format "31/12/1994". Is there a way of using the date function with the
format I'm currently using, ie, with the last two digits in year?