RE: st: benchmarking Stata on encrypted file systems

From   "Kaganova, Yevgeniya" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: benchmarking Stata on encrypted file systems
Date   Sun, 6 Apr 2008 14:59:22 -0400

Thank you, Tom, it's very helpful!

Yevgeniya

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tom
Trikalinos
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:47 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: benchmarking Stata on encrypted file systems

Hi Yevgeniya:

In case this is anyhow helpful, I did not observe any memorable changes
in speed when I was running simulations on my Mac with FileVault on and
off (However, never timed them comparatively... so my assessment is with
a grain of salt).
FileVault is the built in total disk encryption system... I turned it
off eventually - I do not remember why - but it was not for speed
penalties.